Sunday, March 13, 2005

home game stuff

I thought I'd comment on Copag plastic playing cards.
I like em.
They have a nice texture to them that feels good in the fingers. I'm beginning to like thm more than the KEM cards which I see at all the local cardrooms. Not sure why, but I feel the Copags are just higher quality. They have certainly stood up to many home games, and I'm sure they'll last a helluva lot longer, considering they still look brand new after hundreds of shuffles.

Since we're on the home game topic, I might mention I sold my shitty 11.5 gram chip set. I upgraded a little bit. Not to clay, as the budge just doesn't allow a set of $400 poker chips. But I purchased some Nexgen 12g poker chips. They seem to be the top-of-the-line shitty level poker chips. That is good enough for me. Basically I needed a set of chips that didn't shoot all over the room when you try and pick up a stack. I also heard that placing labels on them makes them a bit nicer to the touch. So I ordered some custom labels. I know, I'm a geek. But not nearly as geeky as Yo's Everquest addiction. I can justify the dorkiness, because playing poker is a way to make money, not just a pointless, worthless hobby like polymer clay sculpting or baking virtual cakes to bring to a virtual medival wedding ceremonies.

I am also bringing my poker study to the next level. I've set up a spreadsheet to track my poker wins and losses. Hopefully, it will motivate me to work harder at becoming a consistent moneymaker.
I found a free spreadsheet software called NeoOffice ... all free.

I also read the chapter in Theory of Poker on heads-up play. So, now my game will have no kinks, and I should be able to dominate all the competition. Thanks Sklansky!

No comments: