Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Bay 101 virgin no more

Bay 101 is literally 5 minutes from my house and I never even been in there until this weekend. While my fellow poker camp classmates swept up the competition at the Super Satellite tournament, I participated in a $3-$6 limit table.
Ok, I admit, I was pretty nervous having never played there before, or anywhere really. But honestly, when the first hand I played gave me a Qs over 9s full house, I suddenly felt confident. Call it beginner's luck, I caught every good hand short of a straight flush: full house, straight, three-of-a-kind, two-pair... I cleaned up. These people at the table were playing such garbage I couldn't believe it. They were calling down to the river with nothing but Ace high, or a pair of 4s. Un-freaking-believable.

I got up after playing only 2 hours, having turned my $80 into $310.

Not bad for a novice.

No comments: