Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Moving forward

I've been back at Pokerroom.com trying to make back the money the pet mechanic took. It's been an up and down ride, but I've been grinding away and consistently winning. Last night I won two small tournaments, one two-table, and a single-table. So I've been running pretty hot.
If I keep it up I'll ave my shotgun money in no time.

Speaking of shotguns, ScottO and I went shotgun shopping over the weekend. After shouldering several Remington 1100s, 11-87s, Beretta 3901s and Winchester SX2, I've decided that I should consider the Beretta or the Winchester. For some reason the Remingtons feel a bit on the janky side. Whereas the Beretta melts in my hand. The Winchester felt very solid as well. They just feel better-built. I'd compare the Remington to a Ford, while the Beretta felt more like a Lexus. The Winchester a Toyota.
Of course I haven't shot any of those guns, but my feeling is I'm not going to be happy with a Remington. Not after having felt how nice the Berettas are.
Damn. That means saving an extra $300-400.

Something to work towards I guess.

No comments: