Monday, October 31, 2005

49ers

The 49ers won yesterday! And I was at Candlestick Park to see it. Being that this is the only pro-football game I've watched all season, and they won, must mean that I am good luck.
Considering they went into the game 1-5, my hopes weren't high. I was almost hoping they'd get their asses kicked so we'd be able to cut out early and beat the traffic getting home. We walked into the game with 11 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Yes, we did not see the kickoff, because I was way too busy putting back various cold beers, grilling ghetto burgers and shooting the shit in the parking lot. And yes, that IS more important than football. Especially since the niners won in less than spectacular fashion. Well, any win for these losers is somewhat spectacular I suppose. Especially when the tickets were acquired for freeeeeeee.
However, despite my cool buzz, I did buy (2) $8 beers, which ironically was quite a buzz kill.

No comments: