Friday, July 08, 2005

3rd of July at Utz's

I've been housesitting for my best buddy's mom for a couple months and I decided to throw a party.
It's a quaint home. Quaint in the Los Altos Hills way. That is, it's large, with a huge deck , swimming pool, pool house, and a 180 degree view of the bay area. Boo-yeah.
Swimming, cards, music, dancing, beer, beer, beer and more beer and some conversation later it was fireworks time. From here we were able to see at least 4 different fireworks shows. They aren't quite as exciting from that distance, but we all contributed to an ear-shattering rendition of the Star-Spangled-Banner anyway.
We then unleashed the full fury of one box of "safe-sane-and-weak" poppers (fake fireworks) into the air and at Luke. "Dance Bitch Dance!" Luke abliged with some sort of hilarious Irish Jig.
We moved the party indoor and played several rounds of Kings, an old favorite drinking game. Til, Daniel tried to leave, the table burst into a top-of-the-lungs version of, "NaNaNaNaa, NaNaNaNaa, HEY HEY! GOOOODDBYYYYEE!" With middle fingers raised and waving. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.

The party was a success, and I think everyone had a great time.
I know I did.

No comments: