Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy friggin Holidays

Happy Holidays.
I've got the entire week off. Nice. I caught a cold. Not so nice.
We had prime rib Christmas Eve dinner, and Eggs Benedict breakfast at the GF's parent's house. It would've been nice to have a holiday meal with my dad, but alas, he's in China... forever. At least we had some Hot Pot City with my brother and his wife. So the holiday meals were excellent. Then the GF's birthday was this week. I bought her a car stereo, her's died weeks ago. I know real fucking romantic. I'm an idiot. We made a "no-gift-pact" but I decided to buy her a gift anyway. It was a total surprise, she wasn't expecting it at all.
The cold I caught sucks real bad. It starts out with a tickly feeling in the chest. Followed by a sore throat. Then a general feeling of malaise: lethargy, drowsiness, etc. The coughing, the congestion, headaches. Then the nose stuffs, the left side, then the right, turn, left, turn, right... nasal drip. Oh it's a fun one.
Chestnut bought us a crock pot for Christmas. Perfect for some chicken soup.
To the Mi Pueblo market:
Various chicken pieces about 2 lbs.
4-5 small white potatoes.
3-4 small carrots
(by the way, these measurements are approximate, I never really keep track when I cook)
Plenty of salt and pepper.
3-4 sprigs rosemary
1 tsp curry
dried thyme
1tsp cayenne
2 bay leaves
1/3 cup of parsley
1 medium onion
3-4 sticks of celery.
2 cans of chicken broth
1 can of water

Chop all vegetation, mix.
Place everything in the crock pot and cook that shit for 10 hours.

I freestyled this recipe, but it turned out pretty decent.


Have a great New Years! I'll be in Tahoe.

No comments: