Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Civ 3



For the life of me I can't remember what I did this weekend. It was that spectacular.
One thing I did was was I went out to buy a video game. I was thinking a Sim City-type game would be a great way to fill my solo-time. The online poker is still going, but my enthusiasm has started slipping. Mostly because the small bucks poker I've been playing is just so,... boring. Grinding out 3 hours just to make $10 isn't exactly great motivation to keep playing in the big tourneys.
So anyhow, I ended up buying Civilization III since I couldn't find SimC. I know that Civilization 4 is out, but this version came with all the expansions and only cost a grand total of $20. Not too bad considering I've already invested about 20 hours into it, and I just bought it Sunday. I'm telling you, this game is addictive. Once I'm on, I can't stop playing it. I had to drag myself away from it last night, when I could barely keep my eyes open. So I care not that there's a new version out. this game is fun enough. If Civilization 4 is any better than III, They should rename it CRACK, The Video Game.
I couldn't even imagine getting hooked on a Massive multi-player game like WarCraft. I'd not only be officially be a "DORK" but would soon be officially "BROKE" "SINGLE" and "FRIENDLESS."
Then again who needs a girlfriend, money and friends when you have dominated an entire continent, eliminated two nations, built a massive army and a growing Navy?

No comments: